Birdwatching Tour at Ria Formosa Natural Park, Olhão
Duration: 2 hours
- Adults Over 4 Years Old: €25
- Children Up to 4 Years Old: Free
- Expert Guidance: Led by a biologist guide with extensive knowledge of local avian species.
- Equipment Provided: High-quality binoculars and comprehensive bird catalogs are available for an enhanced birdwatching experience.
- Diverse Avian Species: Home to over 200 bird species, including rare and localized ones like the Purple Swamp-hen and Little Bittern.
- Key Species to Observe: Black-necked grebe, spoonbill, oystercatcher, flamingo, and many more.
- Winter Haven: Over 20,000 waterbirds flock to the park, especially during the winter months.
- Protected Wetland Area: Encompasses 14,000 hectares, marked as a Ramsar site and one of Portugal's Seven Wonders.
- Habitats: A blend of dunes, mudflats, salt marshes, lagoons, and pine woods, fostering a rich ecological environment.
- Families: A family-friendly experience with free admission for children up to 4 years.
- Nature Enthusiasts and Photographers: Perfect for capturing stunning wildlife and scenic landscapes.
- Educational Value: Offers insight into the ecological importance and conservation of the area.
This tour in Ria Formosa is more than just birdwatching; it's an opportunity to connect with nature and learn about the ecological importance of one of Portugal's most vital wetlands. Whether you're an avid birdwatcher or a curious visitor, this experience promises a memorable and insightful journey into the heart of Portugal's natural beauty.